Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

Multiple Bles8ings, by Jon & Kate Gosselin and Beth Carson

In honor of the birth of our sixth child a few weeks ago, a coworker of my husband gave this book to us, with a note attached indicating we only need two more to have eight. If we had not received the book as a gift I do not think I would ever have picked it up. I've never watched the reality show about the Gosselins, and found the photos of the family plastered on the covers of tabloids rather tedious.

I did not have high expectations for this book. In the beginning, though, even my low expectations were not met. As the book moved on through their experiences, however, I was surprised at how much simple human interest I found in the story of having sextuplets. I became more interested in the story than I had expected to be. Nevertheless, I would not recommend the book (I would not oppose it either).

Each chapter starts with a Scripture. There are many references to God, salvation, Jesus, prayer, etc. throughout the book. This made their recent highly public divorce sadder and more lamentable to me. I can't help but think that the pressure of being on a reality show could not have been healthy for their marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment