Search This Blog

Friday, November 23, 2012

The Lamb, by John R. Cross

The Lamb is a beautifully written and beautifully illustrated book for children which tells the history of redemption from creation to the resurrection, focussing on the theme of the lamb of God. It is simply and compellingly told in ten chapters, with review questions at the end of each chapter.

I only had two problems with its presentation: I believe in particular atonement, but the description of atonement in The Lamb was not a description of particular atonement; it includes pictures of Jesus. That objectionable description of atonement only arose at one place in the book, and led to a wonderful discussion with my children. Sadly, the pictures of Jesus show up on many pages.

Five of my children, ranging in age from 11yo to 3yo, listened attentively to my reading The Lamb out loud, and the 1yo's inattentiveness is not to be wondered at.

I would highly recommend this to those who are in a position to read to children.

Thank you, New Book Friend, for loaning me your copy of this lovely book.

No comments:

Post a Comment