Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Raising Dragons, by Bryan Davis

In Raising Dragons, Volume One of the Dragons in Our Midst series, a young man named Billy learns that he is half dragon, half human, and befriends a young woman named Bonnie who is likewise half dragon, half human. Are dragons evil? Billy and Bonnie early on learn that they are in danger and must flee to save their lives. The book relates their attempts to stay alive, and out of the clutches of their foes.

I loved Raising Dragons, was hooked from the beginning, couldn't put it down to save my life (or, more to the point, to lay down my life by washing the dishes and fixing the dinner). It was exciting and intense, and I cared about the characters. The more I read, the more convinced I become that fantasy has to be the best fiction genre.

I would recommend Raising Dragons to readers who enjoy young adult fantasy books, especially those who might be concerned about the amount of filth on display in secular young adult fantasies. I know my 12yo daughter will enjoy it, and am looking forward to sharing it with her. I am also looking forward to getting my hands on the other three books in the series.

Thank you Netgalley and Living Ink Books for giving me a review copy in exchange for my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment